Call for proposal for the Development of MELCA-Ethiopia Women and Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods Improvement through Eco-friendly Activities Guidelines
- General Background
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) is a non-governmental, non-profit making local organization founded in 2004. The organization recently re-registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on the 14th of November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No. 1113/2019 having a registration number of 0048. MELCA-Ethiopia operates in 7 project offices in 5 regional states (Oromia, SNNPR, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz and Gembella Peoples Regional States).The organization has the vision to see healthy and prosperous people, who preserve their bio-cultural diversity. Its mission is working for healthy ecosystems, resilient communities, and critical young generation through developing and institutionalizing innovative approaches and experiences. Its core values include integration of culture and environment, traditional and scientific knowledge system, intergenerational learning, and celebrating diversity. To realize its vision, MELCA-Ethiopia focuses on implementing four core programs, namely Environmental Governance, Agro-ecology, Children and Youth Empowerment, and Eco-friendly Livelihoods Improvement Schemes, all of which are employing gender as a cross-cutting subject.
As part of a general support project financed by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, MELCA-Ethiopia is calling for a proposal from a competent and interested consulting firm to develop Strategic guidelines and standard operating procedure for its “Women and youth empowerment” , and “Eco-friendly livelihood improvement” programs.
- The overall objectives:
2.1 To develop women and youth empowerment program strategic Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedure (SG-SOP) including a strategic operational plan and to provide training on the same.
2.2 To Develop a Strategic guideline and standard operating procedure for Ecofriendly Livelihoods Improvement program including a detailed operational plan and to provide training on the same.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate that:–
- The consulting firm must have a successful track record of handling similar tasks in both cases
- It is capable of commanding a sufficient number of competent experts in the fields of women empowerment and equality, gender studies and related subjects to participate in that task 1.
- It is capable of mobilizing experts having expertise and experience in the areas of agroeconomics, rural livelihood development, value chain development and design and implementation of eco-friendly income generating schemes and strategic plans to apply for the task 2.
- Candidates needs to have a comprehensive understanding of natural resources management, sustainable development, nature based solution. Bidders can bid either for developing one or two of the the guidelines.
- It is legally registered and has a renewed license for the current fiscal year
- Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit a schedule for undertaking the task.
- Location of the Assignment: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Interested applicants who meet the required conditions are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head office in 5 working days, from 8:30am-4:30pm, starting from the date of the appearance of this advertisement. Accordingly, interested applicants may submit their technical and financial proposals in a separately sealed envelope within 10 working days from the date of the appearance of this request for the proposal. MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids. Aveling of competent female experts has the advantage of getting a 10% bonus point in the selection process.
MELCA-Ethiopia, Physical Address: Some 200meters to Piassa from Ambassador Theatre or adjacent to the Main post office, Kidane Beyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6, Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54E-mail: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org