Call for Consultants to Develop MELCA-Ethiopia Communication and Partnership Strategy
- General Background
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) is a non-governmental, non-profit making indigenous organization founded in 2004. The organization recently re-registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on the 14th of November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019 having a registration number of 0348. MELCA-Ethiopia operates in 7 project offices in 5 regional states (Oromia, SNNPR, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, and Gambella Peoples Regional States). The organization has the vision to see healthy and prosperous people, who preserve their bio-cultural diversity, and the mission is focused on working for healthy ecosystems, resilient communities, and critical young generation through developing and institutionalizing innovative approaches and experiences. Its core values include integration of culture and environment, traditional and scientific knowledge system, intergenerational learning, and celebrating diversity. To realize its vision, MELCA-Ethiopia focuses on implementing four core programs, namely Environmental Governance, Agro-ecology, Children and Youth Empowerment, and Eco-friendly Livelihoods Improvement Schemes, all of which are employing gender as a cross-cutting subject.
As part of the Capacity Development project financed by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, MELCA-Ethiopia is calling for proposal from a competent and interested consulting firm to develop MELCA-Ethiopia Communication and Partnership Strategy.
- The objective of the assignment
The objective of this assignment is to develop Communication and Partnership Strategy document to MELCA-Ethiopia aimed at:
- Increasing awareness and understanding on MELCA-Ethiopia and its operation in Ethiopia through building and strengthening partnership between and among local partners and stakeholder.
- Guiding Government Engagement, External relations and networking as well as facilitating interaction between MELCA and actors in its operating environment including government/policy makers, community and other concerned non-government actors.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate that:–
- The consulting firm must have a successful track record of handling similar tasks
- It is capable of commanding a sufficient number of competent experts in the fields. (Availing of competent female experts has the advantage of a 10% bounce point in the selection process).
- It is legally registered and has a renewed license for the current fiscal year
- Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit a schedule for undertaking the task.
- Location of the Assignment: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Interested applicants who meet the required conditions are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head office in 5 working days, from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 10:30 PM, starting from the date of the appearance of this advertisement. Accordingly, interested applicants may submit their technical and financial proposals in a separately sealed envelope within 10 working days from the date of the appearance of this request for the proposal. MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Dead line: Monday July 5, 2021
MELCA-Ethiopia, Physical Address: In front of Ambassador Theatre or at the side of Main post office, Kidane Beyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6, Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com