Call for consultancy work on preparing the management plan of Majang forest biosphere reserve (2022-2026 ) & identify capacity gap of government to implement the management plan.
Movement for the Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA -Ethiopia), founded in 2004, is a nonprofit and non-governmental organization registered with a registration number 0348 with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on 14 November 2019 as per the new Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No. 1113/2019.
The overall objectives:
Objective of the assignment will be to review the Majang Forest Biosphere Reserve (MFBR) Management plan, identify the status of its implementation by relevant actors/stakeholders and the gaps, revise the management plan for a period of five years (2022-2026) taking into account emerging issues and development and provide recommendations for improving implementation of the management plan by relevant actors.
Applicants are required to demonstrate that:–
- The consulting firm/consultant is required to have experience of BR management plan preparation and similar tasks,
- As the BR management plan includes the activities of many organization (landscape approach) preferably in agro economics, Forest Economics, rural development, sociologist and related multidicplinory team composition is required.
- At least MSc, MA education level required.
- Candidates needs to have a comprehensive understanding of natural resources management, sustainable development and nature based solutions,
- Applicant should be a legally registered and has a renewed license for the current fiscal year
Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit a schedule for undertaking the task.
Interested applicants who meet the required conditions are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head office in 5 working days, from 8:30 am –4:30 pm, starting from the date of the appearance of this advertisement. Accordingly, interested applicants may submit their technical and financial proposals in a separately sealed envelope within 10 working days from the date of the appearance of this request for the proposal (18 April – May 2 2022). MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids. Availing of competent female experts has the advantage of getting a 7% bonus point in the selection process.
MELCA-Ethiopia, Physical Address: In front of Ambassador Theatre or at the side of the Main post office, Kidane Beyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6, Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54E-mail: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org